Flatbed towing is a common method of transporting vehicles that are too damaged or broken down to be driven on their own. While the main benefit of flatbed towing is obvious, and that it allows for safe and secure transportation of a vehicle, there are several hidden benefits of this method that are often overlooked. Today, we at Calderon Tow & Auto would like to share these hidden benefits of flatbed towing.
Is a Flatbed Better than a Regular Wheel Lift Tow Truck?
1) Protects Your Vehicle. One of the biggest advantages of flatbed towing is that it provides protection for your vehicle. Unlike other towing methods, flatbed towing allows the entire vehicle to be lifted onto the truck, rather than just the front or back wheels. This means that your vehicle will not be subjected to any unnecessary wear and tear or damage that can occur when being towed with only two wheels on the ground. Additionally, flatbed towing ensures that your vehicle is not exposed to debris or road hazards, which can cause damage to the undercarriage or body.
2) Prevents Damage to Other Vehicles. Another hidden benefit of flatbed towing is that it helps prevent damage to other vehicles on the road. When a vehicle is being towed with only two wheels on the ground, it can sometimes sway or fishtail, which can be dangerous for other drivers. With flatbed towing, the entire vehicle is securely strapped down, preventing any movement or swaying that could put other drivers at risk.
3) Allows for Longer Distances. Flatbed towing also allows for longer distances to be covered. Because the entire vehicle is being transported on the truck, there is no need to worry about wear and tear on the tires or other parts of the vehicle that could occur during a long-distance tow. This means that flatbed towing is a great option for transporting vehicles across state lines or even across the country.
4) Increases Flexibility. Flatbed towing is also a more flexible option than other towing methods. With traditional towing, the tow truck driver must hook up to the vehicle in a specific way, which can sometimes be challenging if the vehicle is in a tight space or at an awkward angle. With flatbed towing, however, the vehicle can be lifted and placed onto the truck from almost any angle or position, making it much easier for the tow truck driver to access and transport the vehicle.
5) Provides Peace of Mind. Flatbed towing provides peace of mind for the vehicle owner. When a vehicle is damaged or broken down, it can be stressful and overwhelming to figure out how to transport it safely. With flatbed towing, however, the vehicle owner can rest assured that their vehicle is in good hands and will be transported safely and securely to its destination.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in San Mateo, San Francisco, Daly City & Colma, CA | Greater Bay Area of California
Though the main benefit of flatbed towing is obvious, there are several hidden benefits that make this method the ideal choice for transporting damaged or broken-down vehicles. From protecting the vehicle and other drivers on the road, to providing greater flexibility and peace of mind, flatbed towing is a reliable and versatile option for vehicle transportation. When you need flatbed towing services San Mateo, San Francisco, Daly City & Colma, CA, contact Calderon Tow & Auto and let us assist you!