When it comes to driving your car, there are many things that can go wrong and leave you stranded on the side of the road. Luckily, if you know what to watch for, there are several ways that you can avoid getting stranded because your vehicle will start to give you warnings. These warnings shouldn’t get ignored, or you may find yourself wishing that you would have acted. Calderon Tow & Auto is here to talk about what some of the warning signs found on your vehicle that can help you avoid the need to call for roadside assistance later.
How Can You Tell if Something is Wrong with Your Car?
It is important that you know what warnings can be found when you’re driving that will help you avoid trouble down the road. Here are some of the warning signs that can clue you in.
– Grinding Brake Noise: The brakes on your vehicle are essential to your safety. When you don’t have good brakes, it puts you and anyone in your vehicle in danger. It can certainly lead to an accident if you don’t address the problem at the first signs. When you have a brake issue, there is often brake noise that is present. This could be pulsing or grinding whenever you use your brakes.
– Check Engine Light: The check engine light is a helpful tool when it comes to addressing an issue with your vehicle’s engine. The problems could be large or small, but whenever you notice that the check engine light has illuminated in your instrument panel, you need to have your vehicle looked at.
– Car Battery Light: A dead battery is the last thing that anyone wants to be dealing with. There is a battery light that can clue you into a problem with your battery before you find yourself stranded with a dead battery. If you see the battery light come on, go in and have your battery tested to make sure it is able to hold a charge.
– Smoke from Car: Smoke coming out of your vehicle isn’t a very good sign. When you have smoke coming out of the engine, it is easy to see that there is a problem. However, when there is smoke coming out of the exhaust, it is a sign that there is an oil leak that needs to be dealt with.
– Burning & Other Odd Car Smells: You should never ignore any strange smells that you smell while driving the vehicle either. Whether it is something burning, the smell of gas or any other smell that shouldn’t be present, look into any unusual odors when it comes to your vehicle.
Towing & Roadside Assistance in San Mateo, San Francisco, Daly City & Colma, CA | Greater Bay Area of California
If you have found yourself on the side of the road with a vehicle that is broken, you can turn to Calderon Tow & Auto to respond quickly to your call. With our roadside assistance services, you will be back up on the road as soon as possible. Call us whenever you are stranded.